- When I agreed to become the Patron of the UK Law Students Association I was impressed by the aspirations of its members. .. This first edition [of the UKLSR] contains articles of high quality covering a wide range of topics… This surely is an admirable first in the field of legal publishing.
– Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers (Former President, UK Supreme Court)
- The feedback from the Association’s members was uniformly positive. One commented that it was “by far the most excellent outreach to students from all backgrounds I have attended in many years”… The universal view was that the format of speeches followed by networking worked well and should be repeated. It gave the practitioners a good opportunity to speak to students and there were clearly a number of myths about the Bar to be dispelled.
– Joanne Wicks QC (Chancery Bar Association)
- Attending the UKLSA Equalities Event 2012 was both insightful and hope-provoking. The message of the evening stimulated that the legal profession has, is and will be interested in only the best people, regardless of background. This ethos resonated with the attendees in an approachable and empathetic context providing hope and realism for future applicants.
– Dominic Thomas-James (Bar Society of King’s College London)