Mock Trial ‘Advocate of the Year’ competition
This Mock Trial competition is different from the Annual National Mooting & Advocacy Competition.
The UKLSA in collaboration with BPP organised this Mock Trial Competition, which was held at BPP, which also provided the trainer.
Applications to participate included making a 3 minute video presentation on Access to Justice as is and as it ought to be.
The Accessible Genetics Consortium – supported by the UKLSA
The event is the part of a series of ‘Genes & Tonic” events, held by The Accessible Genetic Consortium. The event will be informal and interactive, involving several presentations and discussions, as well as fun activities. International experts from different institutions and different disciplines (genetics, psychology, ethics, law, arts etc.) will also be giving brief talks and holding discussions. Refreshments will also be served!
Largest competition – around 60 institutions
UKLSA’s 5th Annual Equalities Conference: Promoting equal Access to Justice and the legal profession
2 Feb 2016, hosted by the Law Society and supported by its Junior Lawyers Division.
- Chantal-Aimee Doerries QC, Chairman of the Bar; Barrister, Atkin Chambers
- Hilary Heilbron QC, Barrister and Leading international Arbitrator, Brick Court
- Sir Robin Knowles CBE, High Court Judge; Chairman of Together for Short Lives; Chair of Trustees at Legal Advice Centre (University House).
- Fergus Randolph QC, Brick Court Chambers – Conference Chair
- Koser Shaheen, Attorney, Cleary Gottlieb; Vice Chair of the Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division
- Jonathan Smithers, President of the Law Society
The Organising Committee
- Fatos Selita, President of the UKLSA
- Max Harris, Immediate Past Chair of the Junior Lawyers Division of the Law Society
- Yvonne Treacy, The Law Society
- Olga Popova, Equalities Co-ordinator, UKLSA
30 March 2016 @ The Supreme Court, Judged by The Right Honourable The Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers, KG, PC
When: 11 March 2016 @ The Royal Courts of Justice
Other selected projects